Stage 1 upgrades of the $900 million redevelopment of Westmead Hospital include new critical care servi> ces, new operating theatres, extra inpatient beds and a new emergency department.
The redevelopment will also create more than 1000 construction jobs each year the project runs.
NSW Premier Mike Baird said the redevelopment will deliver world-class health services to Western Sydney’s growing population and help create future job opportunities.
“We want to ensure we use all the skills of Western Sydney local industries so that funding for the project is invested back into the community and the local economy,” Baird said.
More than 12,000 people work and visit Westmead daily and consultation with local staff, clinicians and the community has been a key part of the design process.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM