Households will save up to $100 on their water bill each year under a proposal from Sydney Water.
Minister for Lands and Water Niall Blair said the proposal to make Sydney Water more efficient to reduce water bills will assist families across Sydney.
“By making government agencies, like Sydney Water, more efficient it means those savings can be passed on to customers while still maintaining high quality service delivery,” Blair said.
The NSW Government is investing $705 million over the 2015-16 financial year to maintain, renew and upgrade critical infrastructure across Sydney’s water and wastewater network.
Sydney Water’s proposed price reduction will apply from 2016-2020 and will be reviewed by the Independent Pricing & Regulatory Tribunal (IPART).
The proposal is now open to the public for feedback.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM