Washing and drying your hands correctly can help reduce the risk of food poisoning and food-borne illness, says NSW Minister for Primary Industries Katrina Hodgkinson.
Hodgkinson delivered this message while visiting the NSW Food Authority’s stand at the Sydney Royal Easter Show, which has made correct hand washing its theme this year.
“More than four million cases of food poisoning are reported in Australia each year and poor personal hygiene has been identified as a common cause,” Hodgkinson said.
“Hand washing is the most simple and yet the most effective means of reducing your risk of food poisoning.”
Hodgkinson said it was also important to educate children about the importance of washing their hands.
If you’re visiting the Sydney Royal Easter Show this year, drop into the NSW Food Authority’s stand to learn more about hand washing techniques, and assess your own technique with UV gel.
Share and Enjoy
- No emergency co-payments or hospital services cuts ~ Health, Lifestyle 19 May , at 3:16 PM
- Quick beauty tips and tricks ~ Beauty 2 Mar , at 1:29 AM
- Basic beauty related questions, expert answers ~ Beauty, Lifestyle 21 Feb , at 11:50 PM
- New first home buyer hotspot revealed ~ Lifestyle 23 Jul , at 11:55 AM
- Easy to make ‘Besan Ladoo’ recipe ~ Food, Lifestyle 8 Jul , at 3:04 PM