Vivid Sydney returns from 26 May to 17 June 2017, promising its biggest program ever.
The world’s largest festival of light, music and ideas returns this year with a stellar program that will illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights.
The Vivid Light Walk returns to the city, joined by displays at Chatswood, Martin Place, Darling Harbour, Taronga Zoo, plus an expanded trail through the Royal Botanic Garden Sydney. Plus, for the first time, an illuminated trail of light installations will weave through the laneways and past the waterfront of Barangaroo’s new business district.
Minister for Tourism and Major Events Adam Marshall said the sails of the Sydney Opera House would be lit up “with a spectacular projection of imaginary creatures inspired by insects, plants and the ocean underworld, that will captivate locals and visitors from around the world.”
Music performances in the festival lineup include the trailblazing UK electronic dance outfit Goldfrapp, folk-rock masters Fleet Foxes, indie rock band Dappled Cities, and Grammy Award-winning jazz singer Dianne Reeves. The Ideas program will be headlined by American contemporary artist Shepard Fairey.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM