Responding to TAFE forced into higher education markets Greens higher education spokesperson Senator Lee Rhiannon said, “The report from the L H Martin Institute highlights the damage that successive Coalition and Labor governments have inflicted on TAFE with VET deregulation and directing public funds to private providers.
“The struggling TAFE sector is already competing with universities. This is not TAFE’s path to survival. Federal and state governments should restore TAFE as the primary vocational education and training organisation and wind back the role of for-profit private training centres.
“The only time a private company should receive public money is if they have demonstrated that TAFE cannot provide the required education and training.
“Labor and Coalition governments have gutted TAFE and unless there is an urgent and complete overhaul of the Vocational Education and Training (VET) funding system, we are about to lose what little of TAFE we have left.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM