Uninterrupted mobile phone coverage is available throughout Sydney’s trains, including the underground network.
Sydney Trains switched on mobile coverage for Sydney’s T4 Eastern Suburbs Line this week, completing the roll out of 18,000 metres of cabling in Sydney’s underground.
This means train travellers can stay connected with friends, family or work while they travel anywhere on Sydney Trains.
Minister for Transport Gladys Berejiklian said last year coverage went live in the City Circle and tunnels north to Chatswood.
“I am pleased we have now put an end to mobile phone dropouts for customers travelling south to Erskineville and east to Bondi Junction,” she said.
The mobile phone coverage project was undertaken with lead carrier Optus, along with Telstra and Vodafone.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM