Achyuta Samanta , noted social entrepreneur and founder of Kalinga Institute of Social Sciences (KISS) and KIIT Group of Institutions received the prestigious Gusi Peace Prize for 2014 in Manila, Philippines on November 26, 2014.
The event was attended by a galaxy of luminaries, comprising of presidents, prime ministers, distinguished scientists, philanthropists and thousands of invited guests from all over the world.
Samanta is the only Indian who received the prestigious award this year, conferred by the Philippines-based awarding body Gusi Peace Prize International, considered as ‘Asia’s Nobel Peace Prize’. Samanta is the third Indian conferred with the award.
He was given the prize for his contributions in “poverty alleviation through education and humanitarianism”.
Gusi Peace Prize International is an international award given annually to some great individuals who have distinguished themselves as brilliant exemplars of society. The selection process for Gusi is both complex and rigorous. After a scrutiny and a process that continues for over a year, the jury members consisting of distinguished persons from all over the world agree on a few members and the final decision is then taken by the Award committee in its annual session held in the USA. The list of awardee is duly approved by the Philippine’s Senate.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- ‘Women should follow their dreams’: Kamini Saberwal ~ Community, India 6 Mar , at 1:18 PM
- A fresh approach: Garry Sandhu ~ Community, India 3 Mar , at 6:35 PM
- ISRO launched 104 satellites successfully ~ India 17 Feb , at 11:39 PM
- GOPIO recognizes outstanding students of Indian origin at GYAAN 2017 ~ Community, India 17 Feb , at 12:20 AM