NSW Opposition Leader John Robertson said that it was a privilege for him to join the Telugu community to celebrate the Ganesh Festival at Parramatta Riverside at the weekend.
“The Ganesh Festival is a highlight of Sydney’s multicultural calendar and I was pleased to join the Telugu community to celebrate in the heart of Western Sydney,” Robertson said.
“The South Asian community makes an important contribution to NSW – and the dazzling display we see during Ganesh is a reflection of the diversity of Australian society”.
“I congratulate the Sydney Telugu Association for bringing people together for this fantastic event”.
“I also thank the Association for its charitable and social works – from Telugu language classes to youth community service programs, to programs for the elderly and the sick”.
“I send my best wishes to the Telugu community for the Ganesh festival.”
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM