I would like to extend my warmest wishes to everyone celebrating Holi.
I recently met with the Indian Consul General Shri B.Vanlalvawna and I am sure the Indian community will join me in welcoming him and his family to Sydney during this joyous time.
This annual Hindu festival is widely celebrated across India and Nepal and is now recognised and celebrated right across New South Wales.
The local Indian and Nepalese communities are to be commended for sharing their cultures and traditions with the wider community.
It is a festival that brings us together in a spirit of fun and friendship, encouraging understanding of each other’s backgrounds in our multicultural society.
I wish everyone celebrating a Happy Holi.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM