Positioning NSW as a global leader in infrastructure development is the key focus of the new India strategy released today by NSW Premier Mike Baird.
Baird released the NSW Government’s strategy before departing Sydney for his first official visit to India.
“We have strong cultural and historic links to India and we see India as a priority market for NSW business and investment,” Baird said.
“Two-way trade between NSW and India was valued at $1.8 billion last financial year. This strategy is focused on creating favourable conditions to increase trade into the future.
“NSW is an international leader in sustainable urban development and India is looking to the world for knowledge sharing and assistance as it develops at a rapid rate.”
Priorities in the strategy include:
- Collaborating on world-class infrastructure;
- Boosting education exchanges;
- Increasing tourism in both directions; and
- Growing NSW exports to India.
“This strategy is focused on positioning NSW businesses to be ready to take advantage of opportunities arising under Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s trillion dollar investment plan,” Baird said.
“Modi has outlined a plan to build 100 smart cities and we see an opportunity to share our experiences to connect NSW businesses with any smart city project opportunities in India.
“The NSW Government’s new strategy for engagement with India is designed to promote our strengths to strengthen the economic relationship between NSW and India.”
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM