Around 20,000 International Rotarians have assembled at Sydney’s Olympic Park to attend Rotary International’s 105th annual convention.
The Rotary International’s annual event is expected to contribute an estimated $60.5 million to the State’s visitor economy. Rotary is a 1.2 million member international service organisation, dedicated to supporting humanitarian initiatives around the world.
“Sydney is proud to host the 2014 Rotary International Convention, which is being attended by up to 20,000 delegates from more than 150 countries,” said Baird.
“This year’s convention is providing significant economic and tourism benefits to NSW, with the event injecting an estimated $60.5 million into the State’s economy.
Baird described Sydney as a major events capital in the Asia-Pacific region, and said the Rotary event was an excellent opportunity to showcase the Harbour City to Rotarians from around the world.
“I encourage all of the Rotary delegates here for the conference to take the opportunity to explore Sydney and regional NSW during their visit”, Baird said.
Rotary International’s convention runs until 4 June 2014.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM