According to Greens NSW MP John Kaye , the downfall of Premier Barry O’Farrell is a wakeup call to both the NSW Coalition and Labor. It is time to end the culture of influence-peddling that has infested politics in this state.
Dr Kaye said, “What has happened is bigger than ICAC and Australian Water Holdings”.
“It goes to the heart of the political system in NSW where major parties do the bidding of the big end of town”.
“The Liberals and Nationals were swept to power three years ago on a promise of more open and transparent government. They promised high and delivered low. The Greens are not prepared to let the state’s finances and its environment be sacrificed to the get-rich-quick merchants who trade on their close relationships with government politicians and political parties”.
“Barry O’Farrell has been brought down by an entrenched culture of lobbying and behind-closed-doors deals”, added John Kaye.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM