An event was organized by Consul General of India in Australia – B. Vanlalvawna, to commemorate inauguration of Parvasi Bharatiya Kendra (PBK) in India.
Prime Minister of India , Narendra Modi, inaugurated the building of Pravasi Bhartiya Kendra in New Delhi along with EAM Sushma Swaraj, MoS Gen.(Rt) V.K.Singh and MoS MJ Akbar and dedicated it to the Indian Diaspora on the occasion of Gandhi Jayanti (2 October 2016).
The Prime Minister in his speech stressed on the need to connect with the diaspora and said that the ‘brain drain’ can be converted into ‘brain gain’.
The Parvasi Bharatiya Kendra located in south Delhi’s Chanakyapuri will serve as the focal point of the official framework. The complex has a library, research centre , flexible capacity meeting rooms , cultural centre , auditorium of 500 capacity , 24 guest rooms, business centres and a restaurant.
The center is expected to develop into the hub of activities and will be a Centre point for social and cultural engagement between India and its Diaspora.
The inauguration event was webcasted live on Sunday, October 2, 2016 at the Indian Cultural Centre, Level-2, 265 Castlereagh Street, Sydney.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM