From Friday 10 March through to Sunday 12 March, the cultures of Asia will bring Prince Alfred Square and the Parramatta Riverbank to life with food, music, film, dance, art and more.
Parramasala, one of the biggest celebrations of cultural diversity in NSW, is being staged during Multicultural March in 2017.
Highlights of the Parramasala include
- Traditional Opening Night Street Parade along Church Street Parramatta – watch the colourful, musical parade and follow the fun to Prince Alfred Square where Western Sydney’s own
L-FRESH The Lion will kick off the weekend with his trademark soulful, hip hop beats.
- Some of Sydney’s best chefs will share their tips with cooking demonstrations in the courtyard of Riverside Theatres
- Prince Alfred Square comes alive Saturday and Sunday with live music and dance performances on two stages
- Roam the market stalls for global crafts, clothes, jewellery, henna treatments and more
- Wander along the river foreshore for roaming performers, Indigenous storytelling, family activities and relax by the water watching the festival action on the big screen
- Be entranced by Past Forward, a Bharatanatyam dance performance which explores the inward journey of the soul, experienced through the body of the individual and the group collective. From the external to the internal – exploring one’s search for the light and the truth. The journey leads to a celebration of music and movement, which causes the individual soul to unite with the Brahman. Riverside Theatres – book now via www.riversideparramatta.com
- Grab a plate (or two) from the wide range of food stalls in Spice Alley.
- Catch some Asian movies at the Film Festival showing in Riverside Theatres
- Meet the Parramasala mascot, Kiko, an 8m tall inflatable symbol of cultural diversity and unity. Like a giant porcelain doll, Kiko features beautiful blue and white designs and is a great background for a Parramasala ‘selfie’ with friends.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM