Parramasala, one of the State’s biggest celebrations of cultural diversity, will now be held during Multicultural March.
Parramasala Chairman Dr G.K. Harinath said the event has grown significantly over the past seven years and plays an important role in promoting unity and understanding.
“Parramasala has become a wonderful celebration of community harmony and it makes sense to hold Parramasala in March so it can be part of the NSW Government’s Multicultural March initiative,” said Dr Harinath.
“The event will still be held over three days and nights and will feature all the music, dance, art, food and interactive activities everyone enjoys.
“We’re looking forward to announcing more details about Parramasala 2017 as the program is developed, but you can be assured it will again be full of colour, melodies, flavours and happiness.”
“It is safe to say next year’s Multicultural March is shaping up to the biggest and best ever! Save the dates now and plan to celebrate Parramasala in March 2017,” Multiculturalism Minister John Ajaka said.
“The local community loves this much-anticipated event. I know Parramasala will be strongly supported next March,” Parramatta MP Geoff Lee said.
Holding the event in March will also round out the Parramatta events calendar, providing the community with a full year of celebrations and activities in the area.
“The second half of the year is a particularly busy time for events in Parramatta, so holding Parramasala in March means we offer a better schedule of year-round activities and also provides the ideal lead-up to Harmony Day,” City of Parramatta Administrator Amanda Chadwick said.
The NSW Government has committed $1.6 million over four years to Parramasala.
The NSW Government and City of Parramatta are joint presenting partners of Parramasala.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM