It is a pleasure to send my greetings to everyone celebrating Indian Republic Day this year in New South Wales, at the same time as Australia Day.
Indian Australians have made invaluable contributions to the social, cultural, professional and economic life of New South Wales.
Like Australia’s vibrant multicultural society, the Indian community is home to many ancestries and languages, with members arriving from a variety of countries to make their new home here.
After my visit to India last year, I am confident that our nations will grow even closer as we embrace trade partnerships and cultural opportunities.
I wish to thank the Indian community for its commitment to interfaith dialogue and in fostering social harmony, and wish everyone a happy and safe holiday season.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM