Tony Burke, MP (Member for Watson)
The holy month of Ramadan is a time of fasting, prayer and charity and is a reminder of the important contribution Australian Muslims make in our community.
As we welcome the beginning of Ramadan this week, I wish all the Muslims a very best for the blessed Ramadan.
John Robertson MP (NSW Labor Leader)
I would like to extend my best wishes to the Muslim community of NSW during the Holy Month of Ramadan.
For men and women of Muslim faith, Ramadan is a time of sacrifice and prayerful contemplation – and I know it will be observed with great dedication in homes and places of worship across NSW.
The key tenets of this faith – love, charity and compassion – are to be found among all faiths.
Muslims have come to Australia from many places around the world including the Middle East, Asia and Africa.
Community members work daily towards making NSW a better place.
The Muslim community is a vital part of this State’s multicultural fabric and your contribution is cherished.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM