Nominations have opened for an award celebrating the valuable contribution to our society made by grandparents across the State.
Minister for Ageing John Ajaka is urging everyone to show recognition and support for “society’s treasures” by nominating for the 2014 NSW Grandparent of the Year Award.
“Grandparents play a significant role in the home and indeed, the community. As a grandparent of six months, I am beginning to understand what an honour and joy it is, and the responsibilities that come with this joy”, Ajaka said.
“I urge members of our community, whether you’re a grandchild or someone who is simply thankful for the priceless role older Australians play in our society, to celebrate them by nominating someone for an award.”
Nominations for the Grandparent of the Year Awards will close on Friday, 26 September.
The winners will be announced on Grandparent’s Day on Sunday, 26 October.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM