A new $12 million beachside rehabilitation unit has been officially opened at Mona Vale Hospital.
The modern 26-bed facility has a mix of single and two-bed rooms to ensure appropriate clinical care for all patients. It also features landscaped rehabilitation areas, as well as providing pleasant surroundings for socialisation and recuperation.
The unit also has a gymnasium and multi-function spaces to provide group therapy and daily living activities to prepare patients for returning to their homes.
Health Minister Jillian Skinner said the unit provided staff with a modern and inviting environment in which to undertake their important work.
“The Beachside Rehabilitation Unit will give patients every opportunity to achieve the highest possible level of independence following an onset of disease or injury,” Mrs Skinner said.
The first patients are expected to arrive at the facility in the first week of June.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM