Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Multiculturalism and Shadow Assistant Minister for Communications, Michelle Rowland will be visiting India from the January 28th to the February 8. Ms Rowland said the trip will be a great opportunity to meet with Indian officials and stakeholders to discuss a variety of public policy issues impacting both Australia and India and the large Indian community that live in Australia. “I am very much looking forward to visiting the world’s largest democracy for the first time. As a Federal representative of one of the largest Indian communities in Australia I have a deep affinity with India, its people and its culture,” Ms Rowland said. Ms Rowland said she would also be meeting the telecommunication companies to discuss the telecommunication networks and infrastructure. “We are now in the Asian Century which is seeing huge growth and development in India and Australia must position itself to take advantage of this growth,” she said. Rowland will be visiting Mumbai, Chennai, Amritsar, Delhi, Jaipur and Agra during her visit and will also be addressing the Australia India Association. The trip will include a variety of meetings and events that will cover Government, Indian culture , religions, sport and communications.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM