My warmest greetings to the Hindu community celebrating the festival of Krishna Janmashtami.
In honouring the birth of Lord Krishna we acknowledge the strength and richness of Hinduism.
Our nation is graced by Hindu temples, altars and shrines. They testify to Australia’s multicultural composition which is at the heart of our national identity and is intrinsic to our history and character.
Hinduism’s core values of tolerance, peace and unity complement our tenets of a free and equitable society where we can celebrate our cultural heritages and yet be able to be unified and share common purposes and common goals as Australians.
We are extremely grateful for events such as this one and for the work of Hindu Australians in strengthening our community.
We wish the Hindu community every success celebrating the festival which continues to serve as a distinct feature of our great multiculturalism.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM