Michelle Rowland has been elevated to the Shadow Cabinet and appointed as Shadow Minister for Small Business.
The elevation of Small Business to Cabinet demonstrates Labor’s commitment to Australia’s two million small businesses.
“As the Australian economy transitions, the role of our small businesses as job-creating drivers of economic growth and prosperity has never been more important.”
Small businesses are at the forefront of innovation, productivity and opportunity
“The sector is as diverse as it is large. It includes many home-based businesses and sole traders, who rely on access to reliable and affordable communications; many women; and many migrants, all of whom are making an invaluable contribution to our economy,” says Michelle.
“Labor particularly recognises the individuals who comprise Australia’s small business community whose courage and determination continue to highlight the entrepreneurial spirit of our nation. I look forward to continuing my ongoing engagement with individual small businesses, as well as its important representative bodies, as Labor continues its policy formulation.”
“I thank Labor’s former Shadow Minister, Bernie Ripoll, for his outstanding work and I look forward to building on the solid foundation he has laid.”
“I am also extremely pleased that the role of Citizenship and Multiculturalism has been elevated into the Shadow Cabinet. Australia is a proudly multicultural nation. Labor is committed to ensuring we build social cohesion and maximise the economic potential of all our citizens.”
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM