Manchow soup is a soup popular in Indian Chinese cuisine due to its ease of preparation and hot spicy taste.
|Green capsicum||1/2 medium|
|Ginger||1/2 inch piece|
|Garlic, chopped||2-3 cloves|
|Vegetable stock||4 cups|
|Red chilli sauce||1/2 tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||2 tablespoons|
|Cornflour/ corn starch||3 tablespoons|
|Noodles,deep fried||1 cup|
Slice spring onion. Heat oil in a non stick wok.
Add spring onions to the oil in the wok along with ginger, garlic and celery and toss. Add finely chopped carrot, cabbage and mushrooms.
Add 4 cups stock and green chillies to the wok. Add red chilli sauce and soy sauce and mix.
Mix cornflour with ¼ cup water and add to the soup and cook till it thickens. Add salt and two table spoons of vinegar and mix.
Chop capsicum, reserve some for garnish and add the rest to the soup and mix well. Serve the soup hot garnished with crisp noodles, capsicum and spring onion.
Share and Enjoy
- Easy to make ‘Besan Ladoo’ recipe ~ Food, Lifestyle 8 Jul , at 3:04 PM
- Spicy and Hot - Kashmiri Dam Aloo ~ Food, Lifestyle 4 Feb , at 4:25 PM
- Recipe of the week - Easy to cook ‘Egg Biryani’ ~ Food, Lifestyle 21 Jan , at 3:00 PM
- Quick beauty tips and tricks ~ Beauty 2 Mar , at 1:29 AM
- Basic beauty related questions, expert answers ~ Beauty, Lifestyle 21 Feb , at 11:50 PM