A large scale search is underway for a man who went missing in the surf yesterday afternoon at Smokey Cape beach near South West Rocks.
Under the command of NSW Police, four Inflatable Rescue Boats (IRBs) and two support jet skis are currently in the water with the Westpac Rescue Helicopter enroute.
The man who is thought to be a 25 year old Swedish University student on exchange was reported missing late yesterday afternoon and a search immediately began with lifesavers, Marine Rescue and the Westpac Rescue Helicopter combing the area until 8:20pm when it was deemed too dark to continue.
Today lifesavers from South West Rocks SLSC, Hat Head SLSC, Scotts Head SLSC and Port Macquarie are involved in the search.
Share and Enjoy
- Young men most at risk of dying in 'Rip Currents' ~ Surfing 11 Oct , at 12:24 AM
- Schoolies urged to be beach safe ~ Surfing 27 Nov , at 12:13 PM
- Be beach aware during holidays ~ Surfing 21 Sep , at 8:45 PM
- Shark Sighting Closes Beaches at Ballina ~ Surfing 27 Jul , at 6:59 PM
- Large swells and strong winds expected along NSW Coast ~ Surfing 8 Apr , at 3:27 PM