Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Multiculturalism, Michelle Rowland has slammed the Liberal Party for asking for donations from multicultural communities after cutting $11.5 million from multicultural funding since coming to office.
“The Liberal Party was showing contempt for multicultural groups after they launched a ‘Multicultural Liberal Business Club’, which has invited community groups to a $60 a head fundraiser with Bruce Billson two months after cutting $11.5 million from the Building Multicultural Communities Program”, said Michelle.
“In December last year the Abbott Government cut $11.5 million out of the Building Multicultural Communities Program. Two months later, the Liberal Party is asking multicultural communities to line their pockets”.
Rowland said the Liberal Party has neglected multicultural affairs since coming to Government.
“This is typical of the Liberal Party which doesn’t feel it important enough to have a Minister for Multiculturalism but is happy to establish a new fundraising club targeting multicultural groups,” she alleged.
“Unless there is a fundraiser coming up the only time Liberals talk about multiculturalism is when Cory Bernardi is ranting against it.”
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM