Labor leader Luke Foley wished the Indian community on the eve of Holi.
“We send our best wishes to the Hindu community during the festival of Holi.”
Holi marks the changing of the seasons – the colours symbolising transition from the cold of winter to the warmth of spring”.
Here in NSW, Holi brings together dancers, musicians and performers giving all Australians a genuine snapshot into one of the richest cultures in the world.
The Festival of Colours is also a celebration of friendship and harmony – symbolic of our vibrant communities. Let’s unite and use the colours of Holi to spread the message of peace and happiness.
We give thanks to the Hindu Australian community for the valuable contribution you make to our society, displaying leadership across many fields here in NSW.
On behalf of NSW Labor, we wish all those celebrating Holi a fantastic festival period.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM