NSW Premier Mike Baird’s wife, Kerryn Baird, accompanied Queen Rania Al Abdullah of Jordan on a visit to a Sydney primary school during her official visit to Australia on November 25.
Queen Rania and Kerryn Baird were welcomed to Fort Street Public School at Millers Point by Principal Michele Peel-Yates and school captains Nadia Qureashi and Christian Voigt.
King Abdullah Ii Ibn Al Hussein and Queen Rania Al Abdullah of the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan are in Sydney as part of their official visit to Australia.
Queen Rania is admired around the world for being an advocate for childhood education and her efforts to improve learning opportunities for children around the world.
They attended the Fort Street Public School assembly before visiting a classroom to watch a teaching demonstration in progress.
They then visited a market stall in the school playground hosted by students taking part in the Club Kidpreneur education program aiming to teach students basic business skills.
“Students of Fort Street Public have been treated to a very special visit by one of the world’s most passionate advocates for public education and quality teaching,” Kerryn Baird said.
“Students in NSW are fortunate to be educated by quality teachers who will guide them through their schooling years so that they can follow their dreams once they graduate.
“Her Majesty’s visit reinforces how important it is that children have the opportunity to receive an education, so they can grow up to be the leaders of tomorrow.”
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM