With a storm season starting, the Strathfield NSW State Emergency Service (NSW SES) Unit is putting out the call for locals to join the Strathfield SES.
The Strathfield SES will be holding an information night for potential new members on September 17th at 7:15pm.
“Not many people realise what joining the NSW SES actually offers, and how it caters to almost all ages and abilities,” Strathfield NSW SES Local Controller Darrin Parkin said.
“We have a wide variety age groups in our Unit, with the oldest being 63 and the youngest 16, as well as a diverse set of backgrounds – students, teachers, business owners, public servants, retirees, nurses, retail, housewives, carers, designers, chefs, engineers, and many more.”
“What each of our volunteers have in common is a desire to do something different, and to serve the community.”
“The roles are also varied and you only are required to do what you feel comfortable with.”
“All your training is nationally recognised and completed at no cost to members. Uniforms and equipment are also provided – so essentially all you volunteer is your time.”
“We welcome anybody who is interested in volunteering – even if they just want to see what we do – to come along and join us on Wednesday 17th September” Parkin said.
If you are interested in joining, contact the Strathfield SES Unit on (02) 9763 2177 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
For assistance in floods and storms, please call the SES on 132 500. For assistance in life-threatening emergencies, please call 000 (triple zero).
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM