In a joint statement issued John Robertson, NSW Opposition Leader and Guy Zangari, Shadow Minister for Sport and Recreation have expressed their heartfelt condolences over the demise of Philip Hughes, a young Australian cricketer.
Australians are heartbroken in grief at the tragic passing of Phillip Hughes.
You can’t help but be devastated that someone so gifted could be taken so young.
The boy from Macksville, Phillip brought an infectious joy to his batting – and to the game of cricket – and he was much loved.
Phillip had so much more to produce – but we should also be thankful that in such a short stint at the crease, he gave the world so much.
Our deepest condolences and prayers are with Phillip’s family and his teammates and fellow players.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM