A communal Shabbat Dinner was held by NSW Jewish Board of Deputies on Friday May 15 , 2015 at The Great Synagogue.
It was attended by more than 120 representatives from different communities including Hindus, Sikhs, Christian and Jains joined the members of the NSW Jewish Board of celebrate the Shabbat service and dinner.
Shabbat dinners are held on the first Friday night of every month following Shabbat Shirah services. The family service leads naturally into creating the perfect atmosphere for friends.
All the attendees were led to a tour of the synagogue by Rabbi Asher Altshul before attending the Shabbat service, followed by dinner.
Jeremy Spinak , President Board of Deputies , welcomed the guests.
Speaking on the occasion he said, “The event will hopefully be the forerunner of many such joint initiatives.
Parveen Gupta, President of the Australian Indian Cultural Council said, “The evening provided the opportunity to get a glimpse into Jewish practices, philosophy and Judaism and helped me to learn and appreciate a lot of similarities between Judaism and my religion i.e Hinduism .”
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM