Police from Parramatta Local Area Command are appealing for witnesses after a shot was fired into a busy Indian restaurant at Harris Park on August 25, 2015.
Just before 9pm (Tuesday 25 August 2015), a single shot was fired into the Indian restaurant on Wigram Street, Harris Park.
The bullet went through the front window of the restaurant and hit a shelf. Between 30 and 40 customers and staff were in the restaurant at the time, however nobody was injured.
Police responded and a crime scene has been established which is being examined by forensic specialists.
At this stage investigations suggest the shot was fired by somebody on foot however inquiries are continuing.
A male wearing a blue tracksuit was seen running south on Wigram Street after the incident.
Police are appealing for anyone with information to come forward, in particular a woman who was nearly knocked to the ground by a man running along Wigram Street.
The woman is described as Indian/Sub-Continental appearance, aged 25-30 and she was wearing a pink top. Detectives are urging this woman to come forward and speak to them.
Inquiries into the incident are continuing.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM