Amid slight showers, 66th Indian Republic Day was celebrated with fervor and gaiety at Concord Function Centre today.
Even rain couldn’t deter the patriotic spirit of the people who attended the function in large numbers. The solemn ceremony was attended by over 200 dignitaries and officials of host government, members of the Indian community, media, academicians, students, and friends of India from a diverse cross-section of society.
Sunjay Sudhir, Consul General unfurled the Tricolour and read out the President’s address to the Nation.
Speaking on the occasion Consul general also highlighted the achievement of Indians in Australia and congratulated them for their accomplishments in various fields. He also spoke about the launch of the Tourist visa on arrival (TVoA) for Australian passport holders. Consul General also congratulated people about the merger of OCI (Overseas Citizen of India ) and PIO (Person of Indian Origin) schemes .
This was followed by singing of patriotic songs and screening of video on ‘Clean Ganga Fund’. Refreshments were served after the event.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM