An event was organized by Consulate General of India in Sydney on January 9, 2017 to celebrate the 14th Parvasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD 2017) and World Hindi Day 2017 at Indian Cultural Center, Sydney. The event was well attended by Indian people from different backgrounds.
The program started with the lighting of lamp by Consul General B Vanlalvawna, Mala Mehta, Neville Roach and Pawan Luthra. Neha Rebello was the MC for the evening.
Consul General, B Vanlalvawna delivered the opening remarks and also read out the Prime Minister’s message on the occasion of Parvasi Bharatiya Divas (PBD).
Rekha Rajvanshi, a well-Known Hindi writer and poet recited a poem on the occasion. This was followed by the screening of five minute short documentary on PBD celebrations.
A panel discussion was organized in which Mala Mehta, Neville Roach and Pawan Luthra participated as panelists while Sonia Gandhi moderated the discussion. The panelists expressed their views on their respective areas of expertise. They also highlighted the contributions made by diaspora in Sydney and their engagement with the Government of India through various initiatives and schemes.
This was followed by a ‘Question- Answer’ session wherein the people from the gathering put forth various questions in front of the panel and the panelists thoroughly explained their queries.
Rishabh Malhotra, top ranker in Hindi subject in HSC Board Examination of NSW state was felicitated on the occasion by Consul General.
Light refreshments were served to gathering at the end of the program.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM