In a joint press release , Yadu Singh , President Indian Australian Association of NSW Inc and Iftikhar Rana , President Pakistan Australian Council have condemned the brawl and riotous behavior by some Indian and Pakistani cricket fans in Meeylands RSL on the night of February 15th , 2015.
They said , “The incident last night was unacceptable and there cannot be any excuse for this hooliganism, senseless brawl & riotous behavior. We condemn it in no uncertain words.
There are no problems between Indian Australian & Pakistani Australian communities in Sydney or anywhere in Australia”.
“We have numerous common and close friends from each other’s community and get on very well with each other as communities. Both communities believe in multiculturalism and peaceful co-existence. Merrylands RSL incident last night was an isolated example and an “one off”, for which excessive emotions, probably mixed with Alcohol, has to be blamed”.
“We, as the communities, are on the side of authorities to find the perpetrators and bring them to justice. Tendencies like what happened last night do need to be tackled with full force of law”.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM