Council of Indian Australians (CIA) in association with Gujarati Samaj of NSW organised a grand Holi celebration at a picturesque location at The Ponds as Harmony Day.
The celebration was attended by dignitaries of both Parties. From Labor, Leader of Opposition John Robertson attended the event. Michelle Rowland MP, Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Multiculturalism was represented by Mukesh Maru.
From Liberal Party NSW Premier Barry O’Farrell was represented by David Clark MLC and Local MP from Riverstone, Kevin Conolly. CIA was represented by its Vice President Praful Desai, Shail Wadhwa and Mohit Kumar.
Gujarati Samaj NSW was represented by its President Jaydutt Nayak and Jignesh Raj.
The dignitaries stressed the importance of multiculturalism and underlined the fact that Australia is a multicultural society with people from all over the world having settled down here, making it their home. Celebrations like Holi help strengthen bonds of love and togetherness.
At the start, heavy rains lashed out with thunder and lightening – but it could not dampen the spirits! Hundreds gathered and the atmosphere was full of joy and happiness.
The young and the old, men and women were colouring one another, including the dignitaries who were slowly getting drawn into the fun.
The location was a just perfect for this event – lush green grass with rains and nice cool breeze set the tone for happiness.
Stalls selling colour and Maya da Dhaba selling yummy Indian curry did brisk business. Overall it was a day full of fun and entertainment for family and friends and the celebrations continued till 5:00 Pm
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM