Blacktown City Festival parade was big, vibrant and multicultural and hundreds of people from different walks of life attended the festival.
Yadu Singh participated, as a part of Blacktown Residents Voice Group, in Blacktown City Parade on Saturday, 31st May, 2014 and said that it was great fun.
“More than 50,000 people were there either in the parade or as spectators”.
Parade was the culmination of Blacktown City Festival which ran from 24th May to 31st May, 2014. I understand that approx. 150,000 people took part in this week-long festival.
Blacktown Mayor, Clr Len Robinson, other Councillors, Local Politicians and X-Factor finalist, Taylor Henderson were there too. Taylor sang too, which people enjoyed.
It was big, vibrant and very multicultural.
Of 72 Floats which participated, there were floats from Australian Sikh Association, Blacktown Residents Voice, Ahmediya Group, Christian, Buddhist, Hindu groups. Local Radio station, Dance schools and others were there too. More than 100 of my friends including Devinder Daria, Harkirat Sandhar, Indira Devi and Clr Susai Benjamin were there.
From the expressions on the faces of people, it was clear that people enjoyed the show greatly. I certainly did, and I am glad I took part in it.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM