Hues of bright red, screaming pink, bright yellow, cozy purple, besides green, golden, magenta , .. these colors have the power to make anyone go crazy.
Colours rejuvenate life , transform minds and elevate moods . And, when it is Holi, mere thought of splashing colours sends sensation and generates enthusiasm irrespective of limitations of age, sex and colour.
Clothes drenched in colours, tinted faces, discolored hair.., fully unclean looks—this was exactly the scenario dominating the Jeffery reserve on March 7 where a Holi Mela was organized by Anuj Kulshrestha of Hindi Gaurav.
These colourful looks can bring smile to any face. This is the charm and ethos of the festival, tracing its roots in the lanes and by lanes of Krishna’s Mathura and traversing through the continents, disseminating the eternal message of love and compassion.
Jeffery Reserve, North Parramatta caught the fantasy of the Indian community along with others on the eve of Holi .
Though organized for the first time in North Parramatta, the event fetched a good number of people who not only enjoyed playing with the colours but also tapped the feet till the last beat of DJ.
The event was well attended by a large number of VVIP’s including the Premier and MP’s. Many Indians from different backgrounds were also felicitated on the occasion.
Even few Holi scenes for the Bret Lee starrer Un Indian movie were shot on the spot.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM