Local councils and businesses will receive an extra $28.5 million in additional heritage funding over the next four years through ‘Heritage Near Me’ an initiative to support local heritage asset management.
A team of eight heritage specialists will visit communities on a roadshow, helping owners of heritage assets identify, manage and protect heritage sites in their local communities.
Heritage Near Me will provide funds through three unique programs; the Heritage Activation Grants Program, the Local Heritage Community and Local Government Grants Program and theHeritage Green Energy Grants Program.
The roadshow team on their visit to communities will record historical information, support communities to protect important places and also help local Council and Shire heritage staff to improve their skills.
The team will work with people in local communities by providing technical advice and leveraging public and private investment in heritage items.
Two new mobile apps will also be developed so that councils and the community can report and identify local heritage. A new website will be built to contain records and information about NSW heritage sites.
For more information visit environment.nsw.gov.au/heritage
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM