Greens NSW Spokesperson for Animal Welfare, Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, has called on the NSW Government to investigate reports of a kangaroo injured with an arrow on the South Coast and take action if appropriate under animal cruelty legislation.
“When we see a photo of a kangaroo with an arrow in it, we know this is just the tip of the iceberg, how many of our native animals are injured by irresponsible hunters and are not photographed”, said Mehreen
“The Government must make a concerted effort to rescue the animal and investigate and, if appropriate, take action under animal cruelty legislation”, added Mehreen.
“It is no surprise that these injuries occur when hunters are allowed to roam in our state forests and national parks with limited oversight”, she concluded.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM