On World Environment Day, Greens MP and Environment Spokesperson, Dr Mehreen Faruqi MLC, has called on the NSW Government to stand up to protect the Environment.
Dr Faruqi will host a World Environment Day forum at 6pm at the Sydney Mechanics’ School of Arts focussed on conserving our Marine Environment, with speakers from the diving, sailing and nature conservancy community.
“On the eve of World Environment Day, I stood with hundreds of people outside the Environment Ministers office, calling on the Government to cancel the special conditions granted to Whitehaven coal to clear the Leard State Forest over winter, and stop the onslaught on our native wildlife.
“This year’s World Environment Day theme is ‘Raise Your Voice, Not the Sea Level’ and is an urgent reminder of the need to combat climate change, end the CSG and coal rush and transition to an 100% renewable energy economy.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM