Continuing its efforts to help the underprivileged school children in India, GOPIO Sydney North West (NW) Chapter delivered shoes and warm clothes to underprivileged school children at village Wara Poh Windia (Zira) in North India on January 31, 2014.
It is the 4th year of uninterrupted charity service by GOPIO Sydney North West.
For the last four years, the Global Organisation of People of Indian Origin (GOPIO) has been raising funds to help underprivileged primary school-going kids in Northern India through their ‘Caring Sharing Dinner & Dance’ events near Diwali.
GOPIO Sydney North West celebrated their fourth such charity dinner, ‘Caring Sharing Dinner & Dance’ at Bowman Hall, Blacktown on November 2, 2013 last year and raised funds for this year’s donation.
Harmohan Singh Walia, Chairperson, GOPIO’s Committee on By-Laws, Policies & Procedures – GOPIO International, of personally delivered shoes to 177 children of Government middle school and warm clothes to 45 Anganwari (preschool) children.
Baldev Singh (ex-sarpanch), Sakatar Singh Sarpanch), Gurpreet Kaur (Headmistress), Ravinder Kaur (Teacher in-charge primary wing), Jaswinder Kaur (Teacher in-charge preschool) and some prominent persons of the village were present on the occasion.
Ravi Singh, Balkar Singh Kang, Aman Singh, Neeru Singh, Sumit Joshi, Tia Singh, Raj Singh, Paramjit Multani and Harmohan Singh Walia actively participated in the fund raising event.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM