Young people under the age of 16 will be granted free entry to the Australian Museum and the Powerhouse Museum.
Free General Admission
The move to waive the general admission fee for children under 16 will bring the two museums into line with other leading arts and cultural institutions across NSW and the world.
Students attending the museums as part of a school excursion will also have free general admission, but exhibitions and special events will still be ticketed.
Families visiting the Australian and Powerhouse Museums will now save between $4 and $8 per child, per visit; which is a major boost for larger families during school holidays.
The new relaxed pricing structure is part of a commitment to increasing participation from young people in the NSW contemporary arts and cultural sector.
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM