Federation of Indian Association of NSW celebrated India Day to mark the 69th Indian Independence Day on August 15, 2015 in Parramatta which was attended by over 10000 people.
Starting at 1 PM, the event culminated at 7:30 PM with a spectacular firework display.
To keep the people engaged there were many business stalls, food stalls, fun rides, kids’ rides and much more. A variety of performances including singing, dancing, tributes to India were presented on the occasion.
Apart from entertainment there were a huge range of activities on offer including the Parramatta Eels’ hosting a ball throwing competition , face painting , bumper cars and other games.
FIAN President Dr Yadu Singh said, “We are thrilled with the huge success of India Day. Full credits go to the team which worked very hard to deliver this marvelous event for the community, which has sizeable presence in Parramatta and Western Sydney.”
Satish Bhadranna, FIAN’s Secretary said, “I am proud to have a wonderful team which was the key factor in delivering this event. Bigger and better things are going to be delivered by this team for the community.”
“There is a need to involve younger segment of our community in events and activities of the community. We will create a medium to make this happen,” said Vicky Ahuja, Joint treasurer FIAN.
FIAN thanked the gracious presence of the Hon Phillip Ruddock MP, the Hon Michelle Rowland MP, the Hon Luke Foley MP, the Hon Gladys Berejiklian MP, Dr Geoff Lee MP, Matt Kean MP, Hugh McDermott MP, the Hon Daniel Mookhey MLC, the Hon David Clark MLC, Julie Owens MP, Julia Finn MP, Clr Scott Lloyd Lord Mayor Parramatta Council and many councillors for adding depth and strength to India Day.
FIAN is an Umbrella organisation of many community associations and individual members, with proven record of community work and services.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM