The Abbott Government’s decision to freeze the indexation of childcare support payments will cost Australian families $230.4 million over the forward estimates.
“This is the last thing that Australian families needed,” the Greens’ childcare spokesperson, Senator Sarah Hanson-Young said.
“Many households are already struggling with skyrocketing childcare fees and the Abbott Government’s cuts will just make things worse.
“The Greens will do everything we can to stop these cuts in the Parliament.
“Ripping more than $200 million dollars out of the pockets of Australian mums and dads is not the way to fix our nation’s broken childcare system.
“The Abbott Government should be investing money into childcare, not making savage cuts.
“The only way to ensure that all Australian families have access to high quality, affordable childcare is to support the sector.
“Many who work in childcare are worried that these cuts are just the beginning and that future Coalition Budgets will come with more pain for families.”
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM