Eh Janam tumhare Lekha – a movie based on the life of Bhagat Puran Singh ji was released in Sydney on January 30th at Event Cinemas , Parramatta.
Pavan Malhotra who has played the role of Bhagat Puran Singh ji in the movie was present on the occasion.
Bhagat Puran Singh – is the man who founded ‘Pingalwara’ (Amritsar) – a home for destitutes and differently-abled people. The film is directed by Harjit Singh and produced by All India Pingalwara Charitable Society and Whitehill Basic Brothers Productions.
Bhagat Puran Singh was known for dedicating his life to the ‘selfless service of humanity’.
He founded Pingalwara in 1947 with only a few patients, the neglected and rejected on the streets of Amritsar. Currently, Pingalwara has facilities for 1080 patients.
Bhagat Puran Singh Ji was honoured in 1979 by the Government of India with the Padma Shri award, given for exceptional and distinguished service in any field. He was among the citizens of India who returned their awards and medals after the Indian army’s attack on the Golden Temple in 1984. He died on August 5, 1992 in Amritsar.
Pavan Malhotra, has played the role of Bhagat Puran Singh ji and has done full justice to his character . He has portrayed different facets of the Bhagat Ji’s life beautifully in the movie.
Besides this, Pavan has worked in many serials including Aisa Desh Hai Mera , Alag Alag , Patang and has been recently starred in the major hit movies including Jab We Met, Bhaag Milkha Bhaag , 1984 Punjab etc.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM