Besan Ka Laddoo is an all-time favourite and made on several special occasions and festivals. The trick to getting this sweet right is in browning the besan (gram flour) perfectly.
- 4 cups besan (bengal gram flour)
- 2 cups ghee (clarified butter)
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- 1 tbsp cardamom powder
- Melt the ghee over a medium flame, in a thick-bottomed pan.
- Add the besan and brown till you get a cooked aroma from it. The besan will also turn darker as it cooks and when done should be a deep golden brown color. This browning process can take up roughly 20 minutes.
- Add the cardamom and mix well.
- Turn off the fire and mix in the powdered sugar. Stir well.
- Allow the mix to cool.
- When cool, form into golf ball-sized rounds. Place on a lightly greased, flat tray till they set well.
- Store in an air-tight container in a cool place.
Share and Enjoy
- Manchow Soup ~ Food, Lifestyle 15 May , at 3:32 PM
- Spicy and Hot - Kashmiri Dam Aloo ~ Food, Lifestyle 4 Feb , at 4:25 PM
- Recipe of the week - Easy to cook ‘Egg Biryani’ ~ Food, Lifestyle 21 Jan , at 3:00 PM
- Quick beauty tips and tricks ~ Beauty 2 Mar , at 1:29 AM
- Basic beauty related questions, expert answers ~ Beauty, Lifestyle 21 Feb , at 11:50 PM