NSW Labor has called on the Liberal Government to immediately restore order at the state’s leading agency for promoting multiculturalism – following reports of community division and mismanagement by Minister Dominello and Multicultural NSW.
“Multicultural NSW is a key player in promoting harmony and bringing out the best of all cultures represented in our state – and has been successfully doing so for many years,” Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Communities Guy Zangari said.
“Reports of division between the community, the Minister and the agency are of concern for all groups.
“Clearly an important part of maintaining social cohesion is to adequately consult with various communities before implementing any new measures. The current uproar indicates this process did not occur.
“The role of Multicultural NSW is to represent all, not just a select few. The Minister needs to investigate these allegations and take the necessary action to restore confidence in Multicultural NSW.
“Multicultural NSW needs to be a leader of dialogue, respect and harmony. It’s time for Dominello to come out of the shadows and clean up this mess.”
Share and Enjoy
- Sydney Trains encourage women to take the wheel ~ National 1 Mar , at 8:19 AM
- ‘Pongal Oh Pongal’ says Canberra! ~ National 18 Feb , at 12:11 AM
- Christmas greetings from the Premier of NSW to all Public Telegraph readers ~ National 24 Dec , at 7:46 PM
- Confluence: Diversity celebrated at Opera House ~ National 19 Sep , at 10:25 PM
- Swastik’s production ‘A Magical Journey With Krishna’ enthralls audience ~ National 5 Sep , at 10:55 PM