It is my pleasure to wish readers of Public Telegraph all the very best as you celebrate Diwali.
It is a testament to our multicultural society that this ancient Hindu festival of lights is now celebrated right across the country.
Diwali is an important time of the year for Hindus and symbolises the victory of light over darkness and good over evil.
The Indian community has always been forthcoming in welcoming community participation in festivals such as Diwali, and leads by example in its promotion of cultural acceptance and understanding.
I wish everyone a Happy Diwali.
MIKE BAIRD MP
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- ‘Women should follow their dreams’: Kamini Saberwal ~ Community, India 6 Mar , at 1:18 PM
- A fresh approach: Garry Sandhu ~ Community, India 3 Mar , at 6:35 PM
- ISRO launched 104 satellites successfully ~ India 17 Feb , at 11:39 PM
- GOPIO recognizes outstanding students of Indian origin at GYAAN 2017 ~ Community, India 17 Feb , at 12:20 AM