“It gives us great pleasure to wish you and your family a happy Diwali glowing with peace, prosperity and hope for the year ahead,” said Bill Shorten , MP Leader of Opposition and Michelle Rowland , Shadow Minister for Citizenship and Multiculturalism in a combined message.
“Around the world millions come together in harmony to celebrate the Festival of Lights and multicultural Australia does the same”.
“Shops and houses around the country will be illuminated by the glowing light of the Diya and temples and gurudwaras will be abuzz with a festive atmosphere”.
“Diwali truly is one of the principal religious observances in our diverse community as you come together in prayer and reflection”.
“For the Hindu community Diwali also marks the beginning of New Year, a time of celebration, reflection and optimism. The Australian Labor Party will always recognise the extraordinary contribution that the Hindu, Sikh and Jain communities have made to our great nation,” they added.
“We strongly believe that migration has transformed Australia into a vibrant and prosperous nation. We have communities such as yours to thank for this transformation”.
“As we celebrate triumph over tragedy, light over darkness let us all recommit to letting our light shine in all corners of the globe, especially where darkness has crept”.
“On behalf of the Federal Parliamentary Labor Party, we thank you for your contribution, and wish you a bright and prosperous Diwali”.
Share and Enjoy
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM
- The Lennox joins 'Parramasala party' ~ Australia 1 Mar , at 6:38 AM