Australian Telangana Forum , Sydney strongly opposed Ministry of Home Affairs (MHA) for giving law and order special powers to Governor. They also showed their resentment and divergence with Telangana State opposition leaders supporting Modi government’s decision.
“Telangana agitation under KCR’s leadership successfully ran for over a decade peacefully and many Telangana youth sacrificed their lives for the cause of separate state of Telangana, but never attacked or discriminated anyone”.
“Recent events give the impression that centre is bent on destabilising TRS government which is otherwise peaceful and rapidly progressing”.
“Since independence many new states have formed and Telangana is facing a peculiar situation which no other state has faced. BJP claims to have created 3 new states, why is it different now. Where is the need for MHA to assign law and order control to Governor (who is a nominated person) when there is democratically elected government in place. This is totally against the constitution of India”.
Law and order cannot be infringed by central government. These sort of actions only create more instability and differences between the people of two regions. It is unfortunate that our opposition party leaders are supporting the centre’s action.
Worldwide Telanganites, Telangana organisations should unitedly oppose the actions of the central leadership giving law and order special powers to governor by writing to national and state media, opposition leaders and other elected bodies and bring their attention and stop these actions by Modi government which are against the constitution of India.
Share and Enjoy
- Bring on the bling at ‘Sakhi Divas’ ~ Community, India 17 Mar , at 8:09 PM
- Volunteer orgaisation receives top honours at 2017 Premier’s Harmony Dinner ~ Australia, Community 17 Mar , at 2:34 AM
- Now party until wee hours in 7 live entertainment venues in Sydney ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 11:42 PM
- Vivid -‘Festival of lights’ to illuminate Sydney for 23 spectacular nights ~ Australia, Community 15 Mar , at 12:10 AM
- Outstanding women of NSW awarded ~ Australia, Community 9 Mar , at 12:52 AM